50 Easy Persuasive Speech Topics
What is it that makes these EASY persuasive speech topics?
I have several pages on this site devoted to persuasive speeches, but this one is all about crafting your statement as efficiently as possible.
An EASY topic is one that...
- You already know well. If you know your subject thoroughly - and you don't need to spend hours researching the topic - then you'll instantly and significantly reduce your workload! Bringing your personal experiences to your speech makes it easier to write, and makes your presentation more engaging for your listeners. Try making a list of subjects you're interested in, and a topic idea may even jump out at you!
- You feel strongly about. There's nothing harder than trying to persuade someone they should feel a certain way about something if you're 'wishy-washy' on how you feel about it yourself! Real passion comes across in your words, which are more forceful and credible as a result.
Technically, then, an easy persuasive speech topic for one individual may not be so easy for another.
The list I have put together for you here, however, is of topics with broad appeal, subjects about which most of us have a strong opinion and PLENTY to say!
In each case, I have stated merely the topic itself - it is up to you to decide whether you will try to persuade your audience to be FOR or AGAINST the claimed idea.
Easy Persuasive Speech Topics - 1-12
Related to Schools
- All school children should wear a uniform
- Exams give little indication of a student's real ability
- Advertising in schools should be banned
- Homeschooling is better than traditional education
- Schools should ban soda
- Schools should not serve French fries
- Single-sex schools are better than mixed/co-ed
- School is not the place for sex education
- Students should be allowed to leave school at 14 to learn a trade
- Going to college is not the key to a prosperous future
- All students should master a 2nd language
- History textbooks do not tell the truth (discuss how the perception of historical events may vary around the world)
Easy Persuasive Speech Topics - 13-27
Related to Family Life
- Breastfeeding is better than bottle (formula) feeding
- Parents should be held legally responsible for the things their children do
- Under 18s should be allowed to drink alcohol at home with parental consent
- Every workplace should provide child-care
- Encouraging women to work is destroying the traditional family
- Punish parents who fail to give children a healthy diet
- We are over-scheduling our kids
- Parents should never pry into their teens' rooms/belongings
- Today's kids have it easier than their parents/grandparents
- Dads are more fun than moms! (Keep this light-hearted)
- Eating together as a family is important
- A woman's place is in the home! (This is a provocative title, so be funny or surprising in your speech)
- Older teenagers should contribute to household expenses
- We should value our old people rather than cast them aside
- It takes a village to raise a child
Easy Persuasive Speech Topics - 28-36
Funny/Light Hearted Ideas
- A Mac is better than a PC!
- Why [fill in the blank] is the best movie ever!
- Why everyone should visit [fill in the blank] (talk about somewhere you love)
- Mustaches should be banned
- Google is taking over the world
- Santa Claus is real!
- Games like Candy Crush are making us stupid
- Batman is cooler than Spiderman
- McDonald's is better than Burger King
Easy Persuasive Speech Topics - 37-50
- Plus size people should pay for two seats on public transport
- The government should not censor information given online
- Love is more powerful than hate
- Immigrants should be required to speak the language of the country to which they're moving
- We need more female construction workers!
- You should buy local produce whenever possible
- What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
- Money can't buy happiness
- A dog is man's best friend
- All hospitals should allow pets to be brought in to see their owners
- Criminals should be forced to make restitution to their victims, rather than to society in general
- Lying isn't always wrong
- Base discipline on rewards rather than punishment
- Facebook has improved life for many people
Return to the Top of the Page
Persuasive Speech Tips:
Example persuasive speeches for inspiration: