Persuasive Speech Topics for Teens
Persuasive speech topics for teens need to address the issues relevant to young people and which they care! This connection to their lives will ensure the finished speech isn't just exciting for the student to write, but compelling to for the audience to hear.
I have a LOT of ideas on this site for creating speeches that are intended to convince others. I created this page for this age group as teenagers can be quite a demanding audience!
For that reason, it's essential to grab their attention immediately with a subject that's relevant to their lives.
Please note that you can take an opposing position for any of the topics below - in other words, persuade your audience against the stated idea.
Persuasive Speech Topics for Teens - 1 to 10
- Too little is being done to deal with poverty in America
- Girls should be allowed to play on boys' sports teams
- Students should no longer be forced to read 'classic' literature
- Teenage girls suffer body image issues due to the way women are portrayed in the media
- Students should be permitted to use cellphones at school
- Between studies and hobbies, teens are WAY over-scheduled
- Sex education should not be a part of the curriculum in public schools
- The voting age should be lowered to 16
- Children should be allowed to 'divorce' their parents
- Corporations should not be allowed to advertise in schools
Persuasive Speech Topics for Teens - 11 to 20
- All students should learn a foreign language
- Students should be allowed to eat freely in the classroom
- There is a fine line between pranking and bullying
- Boys and girls should be taught in separate classroms
- Violence in video games leads to violence in real life
- Music with bad language should be banned from school dances
- All students should be required to undertake a fixed period of voluntary work
- The outsourcing of work to developing countries is making it hard for unqualified teenagers to earn a living wage
- Apart from necessary studying, all homework should be banned
- Students should be allowed to wear headphones to listen to their music in class
Persuasive Speech Topics for Teens - 21 to 30
- Gay and lesbian relationships should be promoted to students in a positive light
- Students should be given access to free contraception
- The parents of obese children should be prosecuted
- Teachers should never be Facebook friends with their students
- Students should be given notebook computers instead of textbooks
- Religion should not be taught in school
- Schools should ONLY be allowed to serve healthy meal options
- Teens are becoming more and more obsessed with material possessions
- Cyberbullying should be grounds for school suspension
- Parents should restrict the amount of time their teens spend in front of a screen
I hope you found some inspiration here to get you well on your way to creating the perfect presentation! By choosing one of these persuasive speech topics for teens, the speech you write will appeal to both you and your classroom audience.
I LOVE to read speeches written by visitors to my site. So, remember, if you put together something you're proud of, share it with the world through our website. (Or at least the visitors to Best-Speech-Topics.)
Please submit your well-written speech to me using the simple form you'll find here!
Wedding toast speeches are part of a wedding just as the white dress and the chicken dance. Learn to make your contribution to the occasion successful.
Learn how to writing an informative speech, giving information without expressing a point of view. Three different ways to organize your presentation.
Thank you very much. My father’s commencement speaker was the great Martin Luther King. My Father was 20 years old and didn’t show up for that talk so
Related content, tips, and techniques
Topics to try...
Example persuasive speeches for inspiration...