Persuasive Speech Topics for Teens
Persuasive speech topics for teens need to address the issues relevant to young people and which they care! This connection to their lives will ensure the finished speech isn't just exciting for the student to write, but compelling to for the audience to hear.
I have a LOT of ideas on this site for creating speeches that are intended to convince others. I created this page for this age group as teenagers can be quite a demanding audience!
For that reason, it's essential to grab their attention immediately with a subject that's relevant to their lives.
Please note that you can take an opposing position for any of the topics below - in other words, persuade your audience against the stated idea.
Persuasive Speech Topics for Teens - 1 to 10
- Too little is being done to deal with poverty in America (with Free Poverty Persuasive Speech Sample)
- Girls should be allowed to play on boys' sports teams
- Students should no longer be forced to read 'classic' literature
- Teenage girls suffer body image issues due to the way women are portrayed in the media
- Students should be permitted to use cellphones at school
- Between studies and hobbies, teens are WAY over-scheduled
- Sex education should not be a part of the curriculum in public schools
- The voting age should be lowered to 16
- Children should be allowed to 'divorce' their parents
- Corporations should not be allowed to advertise in schools
Persuasive Speech Topics for Teens - 11 to 20
- All students should learn a foreign language
- Students should be allowed to eat freely in the classroom
- There is a fine line between pranking and bullying
- Boys and girls should be taught in separate classroms
- Violence in video games leads to violence in real life
- Music with bad language should be banned from school dances
- All students should be required to undertake a fixed period of voluntary work
- The outsourcing of work to developing countries is making it hard for unqualified teenagers to earn a living wage
- Apart from necessary studying, all homework should be banned
- Students should be allowed to wear headphones to listen to their music in class
Persuasive Speech Topics for Teens - 21 to 30
- Gay and lesbian relationships should be promoted to students in a positive light
- Students should be given access to free contraception
- The parents of obese children should be prosecuted
- Teachers should never be Facebook friends with their students
- Students should be given notebook computers instead of textbooks
- Religion should not be taught in school
- Schools should ONLY be allowed to serve healthy meal options
- Teens are becoming more and more obsessed with material possessions
- Cyberbullying should be grounds for school suspension
- Parents should restrict the amount of time their teens spend in front of a screen
Thirty Additional Persuasive Speech Topics for Teens
- The importance of voting and the impact of young people's voices in politics
- The dangers of social media and the need for online privacy protection
- The benefits of physical exercise and the importance of a healthy lifestyle
- The impact of climate change and the need for urgent action
- The dangers of distracted driving and the importance of focusing on the road
- The benefits of a plant-based diet and the negative impact of animal agriculture on the environment
- The importance of mental health and the need for more resources and support
- The benefits value of cultural exchange
- The dangers of fast fashion and the importance of supporting sustainable fashion brands
- The impact of technology on human interaction and the need for balance
- The importance of education and the role it plays in personal and professional development
- The negative impact of standardized testing and the need for alternative forms of assessment
- The dangers of air pollution and the need for stricter regulations and clean energy solutions
- The importance of financial literacy and the need for more education on personal finance
- The benefits of volunteering and the impact of community service on individuals and society
- The dangers of peer pressure and the importance of standing up for oneself
- The importance of self-care and the negative impact of neglecting one's well-being
- The benefits of a diverse and inclusive society and the importance of standing up against discrimination
- The negative impact of stereotypes and the need for representation and representation in media
- The importance of sleep and the dangers of sleep deprivation
- The dangers of drug and alcohol abuse and the importance of responsible decision-making
- The importance of consent and the need for education on healthy relationships and boundaries
- The benefits of reading and the impact it has on personal growth and development
- The dangers of cyberbullying and the need for stricter laws and prevention efforts
- The importance of protecting endangered species and the need for conservation efforts
- The dangers of tobacco use and the importance of education on the health risks
- The benefits of a sustainable and environmentally-friendly lifestyle
- The importance of preserving historical and cultural sites and the impact of their destruction
- The benefits of a strong education system and the need for adequate funding
- The importance of civil rights and the need to stand up against injustice and inequality.
I hope you found some inspiration here to get you well on your way to creating the perfect presentation! By choosing one of these persuasive speech topics for teens, the speech you write will appeal to both you and your classroom audience.
I LOVE to read speeches written by visitors to my site. So, remember, if you put together something you're proud of, share it with the world through our website. (Or at least the visitors to Best-Speech-Topics.)
Please submit your well-written speech to me using the simple form you'll find here!
Free email delivery
MASTER INFORMATIVE SPEAKING WITH OUR FREE CHECKLIST!
We are offering you a FREE SpeakFlight Informative Speaking Preparation Checklist. This valuable resource is packed with step-by-step guidance to help you create compelling, memorable, and effective informative speeches.
Related content, tips, and techniques
Topics to try...
Example persuasive speeches for inspiration...