Speech Topics for Kids
Speech topics for kids should include more than "how I spent my summer vacation!".
I remember having to do this every year in elementary school... blah, boring! It was exceptionally boring if our family didn't DO anything special that year.
So here you'll find a few different, more inspiring speech topics for children that will help fire their imaginations and prompt them to talk about the subjects closest to their hearts.
Find more than 40 speech ideas and prompts for young students to draw from below.
1st 10 Speech Topics For Kids
- persuade us that doing homework is good/not good for you
- convince us that watching cartoons is good/not good for you
- argue that recess should be longer
- explain why dogs are better than cats (or the other way around)
- show us how to make a popsicle pencil holder
- show us how to make the perfect peanut butter and jelly sandwich
- tell us why living on planet Earth is better than living on planet Mars
- tell us what happened to the dinosaurs
- show us how to stop a nosebleed
- tell us what makes you a good friend to have
Set 2 - Speech Ideas for Kids
- tell us about the world's largest animal (blue whale)
- tell us about the world's tallest animal (giraffe)
- tell us about the world's fastest insect (dragonfly)
- talk about air pollution and how to reduce it where you live
- What is the best thing about summer?
- What planet would you visit and why?
- Responding to bullies on the playground
- Yes/no - too much violence on TV
- Who is your hero/heroine and why?
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
Set 3 - Speech Topics for Young Students
- How would you make your school better?
- What is your favorite kind of music and why?
- Tell us about your favorite outdoor activity
- tell us about your favorite book
- Your favorite thing about going back to school is?
- Why should everyone eat more vegetables
- persuade us that drinking soda is bad for your health
- what is your favorite sport?
- convince us to recycle
- tell us why too much TV is bad for your health
Set 4 - More Public Speaking Subjects Appropriate for Children
- Tell us why wearing a uniform to school is/is not a good idea
- tell us how rainbows are formed
- how to tell time with a sun clock
- why is it important to brush your teeth?
- What is the greatest thing ever invented?
- Which cartoon character or fairy tale character would you like to be?
- What is your favorite sports activity?
- What are the safety rules for riding a bike?
- What is your favorite subject in school and why?
- What animal would you be if you could be an animal for a day?
I hope these speech topics for kids have given you some ideas that may motivate your young students to produce some exciting presentations.
You may also like to check out some positive quotes for kids, which often inspire speech ideas themselves! Using a quote as a prompt for a speech is fun, and it can be very enlightening to discover just what some quotes mean to younger students.
Return to the Top of the Page
Quotes to Use