Elementary School Speech Topics
Elementary school speech topics shouldn't be too challenging, but that doesn't mean they have to be boring! The 30 ideas on this page are just right for younger kids who want to create a cool presentation.
First Set of 10 Elementary School Speech Topics
- my favorite silly family story
- why I should be President
- why my favorite subject is science, English, math, gym... etc.
- tell us the rules for baseball, soccer, go fish...etc.
- tell us some of the consequences of lying, stealing, cheating, etc.
- I would ________ if I won a million dollars
- I want to be a ____________ when I grow up because....
- convince us that it is better to be a kid than an adult
- convince us that it is better to be an adult than a kid
- why I want to travel to outer space
Second Set of 10 Elementary School Speech Topics
- if I could talk to any cartoon character it would be______ because...
- my greatest strength is...
- what I would most like to learn how to do is...
- my favorite creative outlet is painting, music, acting, etc.
- being a kid sucks because...
- being a kid is great because...
- what peace means to me
- war scares me because...
- if I could have anything I wished for it would be _______ because...
- the best day of my life was...
Third Set of 10 Elementary School Speech Topics
- my school is the best because...
- tell us about your most prized possession
- tell us about the best way to study for a test
- I would never smoke cigarettes because...
- my favorite movie is...
- convince us that spinach is something we should eat more of
- convince us that candy is good/bad for our health
- why we should use paper bags instead of plastic
- hot dogs are better than hamburgers/or the other way around
- convince us that kids should be allowed to choose their own bedtime
Didn't see an idea that inspired you?
Then try these 40 speech topics for kids for even more great ideas to work with.
And although they're slightly more advanced, you may like to check out these high school speech topics too!
I do hope these topics have given you some ideas that will help you develop an exciting speech.
Don't forget to have a look at these positive quotes for kids before you begin writing. The inspirational words may help provoke further creative thinking, or you may be able to use one of them within the speech itself. Never give up teaching young students to give presentations and public speeches. According to experts, schools worldwide are elevating speech to a core component of education, and communication is a necessary skill to succeed. Gallo, Carmine. “Don't Abolish In-Class Presentations, Teach Students To Enjoy Public Speaking.” Forbes, Forbes Magazine, 11 Oct. 2018, www.forbes.com/sites/carminegallo/2018/09/23/dont-abolish-in-class-presentations-teach-students-to-enjoy-public-speaking/#2f50a637ccb8.
Free email delivery
MASTER INFORMATIVE SPEAKING WITH OUR FREE CHECKLIST!
We are offering you a FREE SpeakFlight Informative Speaking Preparation Checklist. This valuable resource is packed with step-by-step guidance to help you create compelling, memorable, and effective informative speeches.
Return to the Top of the Page
Quotes to Use