Good Impromptu Speech Topics
Here are some good impromptu speech topics to help speakers prepare for the day when asked to give a speech "off the cuff."
Presenters may also like to check out my tips for delivering this type of speech, as giving an impromptu speech is more challenging than providing a presentation with lots of time to prepare.
And do remember that - like other speeches - an excellent impromptu speech will have an opening, body, and conclusion. Given the fact that most of the audience remember the opening and closing segments more than the rest of the speech, try to ensure that those parts are as good as they possibly can be!
1st 10 Good Impromptu Speech Topics
- What moral issue best defines you?
- What is the most significant effect of the internet?
- Describe your worst experience.
- Discuss the most memorable event in your life.
- Is capitalism the best political and economic system? Defend your choice.
- Is knowledge more important than wisdom?
- Is a glass half full or half empty? Explain your choice.
- Why are humans so fascinated with understanding the universe?
- Does technology live up to its promise?
- Ghosts I'd like to meet.
- The morality of zoos
- Three keys to a happy life
- Reality TV shows
- You are what you eat
- Love is a choice
- Are professional athletes overpaid?
- Dogs are better than cats
- How to become a millionaire
- Importance of communication
- Bottles versus cans?
- Real or fake Christmas trees?
- peer to peer technology
- Motorcycle helmets
- The assassination of a dictator can / cannot be justified
- Alien abductions
- The worst/best book you ever read
- All-time favorite movie
- Your first memory
- The best things in life are free
- Clothes make the man/woman
- Happy drugs (Prozac, Zoloft, etc.)
- Good versus evil
- Your favorite sound
- Your least favorite sound
- Exams are/are not proper forms of assessment
- Why it's important to meditate
- What earns your gratefulness?
- Speed dating
Final 10 Good Impromptu Speech Topics!
- Your favorite relative
- Your favorite holiday
- Internet affairs
- The greatest gift we can give others is?
- If I were invisible for a day...
- What I would do if I knew I could not fail
- The most successful person I know
- Good grades matter
- Everyone should be a volunteer
- Hybrid animals
Come on back when you need more ideas for your impromptu speeches - and don't forget to 'Like' the Best Speech Topics Facebook page to see lots more tips, topics, and speech-related information right in your news feed!
Return to the Top of the Page